Friday, January 30, 2009

Scandicci and Florence :)

First off...yesterday... we spent half our day exploring our town Scandicci. Its the perfect size and so cute. We went to the town square and then went to Mario's to get our first cappucino..on Harding...FREE!! we had to ask for it in italiano :) Vorrei un cappucino per favore the ladies were adorable!! After that some of us went back to the villa and some went into Florence. I went back to the villa...to await my free italian dinner :)

enough about that



FLORENCE IS INCREDIBLE!!!! i cant believe I am only a fifteen minute bus ride away from the most beautiful city in the world! We did a whirlwind of a tour and I cant remember hardly any. Today was more for breathing it all in and just looking. That takes up most of your energy..there is so much to see!! But no worries..for our humanities classes we go back into to Florence and study everything much more slowly and have to take notes. I have never seen so many beautiful things in my life...all the leather and fabrics and JEWELRY!!! the italians are all so pretty and all have skinny jeans a really nice long coat and wonderful leather boots and scarves!! style. I hope they rub off on me :) I had my first taste of gellato. dont worry mom I split it and we got the smallest one :) I had a mixture of coffee (which is the best thing i have ever tasted) and dark chocolate. yum. We came back to the villa and had homemade lasagna waiting on us. THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER TASTED. Im so happy and so excited! I dont know if I can sleep tonight!!
Oh and this morning me and my friend Nicole got up and went for a walk before everyone else got up. Watching the sun hit the trees in the hills of tuscany ...there are not words. God knew what he was doing....anyways we are about to have a party!! till later!

-ti amo

1 comment: