Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Buon giorno!

WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

i cant believe my eyes half of the time. The flights went smooth. The Atlanta flight was very fast and everyone started coming together in atlanta. Then the nine hour flight... haha It was not as bad as I thought..I had Brett on my left and Kels on my right so I was entertained with great conversation and stupid jokes and I had someone to fall asleep on...(which didnt happen the whole way..Im a belly sleeper and side sleeper..neither possible on a coach class flight..ha) but it was fun nonetheless. WE got our luggage then got on a bus to go from Rome to our Villa in Florence!!! At first I was a little shocked when I found that the outskirts of Rome which is all we saw was alot like Ensanada Mexico..haha It was kind of trashy.. I didnt give up and my excitement definitely didnt waiver..and sure enough the picture perfect vineyards old beautiful stoned villas, sheep grazing, started appearing and OH THE TREES!!! I have never seen such trees they were wonderful!! We stopped at a gas station on hour two on the road to get snacks which were paid for :) Milka chocolate Nutella...every other chocolate you could imagine in every shape and size ...IN A GAS STATion....wine, cheeses, breads...it was great. I got a huge water and some italian bagel bites haha.. wee got to the villa two hours later. It was just as I imagined up a huge hill up another and there it was the gate to our new home..we even have a code :) oh and did I mention we had to walk the whole way up the hill? haha I loved it of course. WE had our first Italian lunch...pasta fresh fruit ( mom I had a clementine and kiwi ) bread salad and rosemary chicken :) yum. WE had to do a bunch of paperwork..met our lovely Italian cooks and other helpers. Dinner was this creamy chicken noodle soup without noodles...chicken cordon bleu (spelling?) fresh fruit again...and carrots. Rosie, Kelsey, and Corbin went on a run and it was wonderful. I cant wait to run in day light. We get to work for a couple of dollars doing chores and Jonathan Rosie and I are in charge of TEA TIME!! mom you would die at the flavors! and honey..lemon..cream :) OH!! i had my first espresso....TO DIE FOR!!! YUM! im addicted
anyways Im tired. Tomorrow we explore our little town Scandicci

until then
Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. very cool. i want pictures as soon as you can slow down long enough to post some.

    by the way, my tummy is totally growling now that i read about your meals today...maybe i can send zach for some terranova. it'll do in a pinch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just finished learning about Rome at school. They have kewl roads as we have learned but maybe that isn't in all parts of Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mere!!!! I'm SOOOO glad you are there safe and having an amazing time already! I added you on Skype so approve me so we can talk soon! Go on a run up and down the hills for me and get those calves of yours bigger b/c they are so weak :) Jk, total opposite! Love you and you will be missed at girls lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! you gotta add me on skype too so i can see my lovers face! i hope you have soo much fun! im so proud of u n im so happy to see my best friend getting to experience this trip of a life time! i really miss u!

    ReplyDelete