Thursday, February 19, 2009

a few broken bones, concusion, and an overall amazing trip... :)

SKIING!! number one- i love skiing
number two- i love snow
number three- i love lodges with hot chocolate and cappuccino
number four- the Italian Apennines mountains are LEGIT


We went skiing for three days in Abetone. It was a BEAUTIFUL bus ride!! I am telling you there is nothing ugly about Italy. You can see in my pictures (which look like paintings) that the countryside is breathtaking. I felt like I was in a fantasy world! It took about two hours to get there, and we were on the mountain by eleven. It was a little icy the first day, but it was still awesome. The sunshine was out, hardly any wind= perfect ski weather. I had a blast! We didn't get off the mountain till about 4:30. The next morning we all got up and had breakfast at 7:45 and hit the slopes by 8:30 haha. We were skiing till 4:30 again. It truly was a dream come true. Everyone had so much fun. I skied with Brett the second and third day, and he was great! Oh and the lodges are super nice! I had a pannini for lunch the second day and a cappuccino and pastry for a snack :) The last day Harding paid for our lunch. We picked out a pasta, meat, drink, and desert ( i got fruit mom :) ) One of the girls broke her tibia and fibula around three and she is going back to the states tomorrow. Probably the worst story in the world. My friend Rosie got a concussion. While we were there three people (Italians) died!! Oh and the Italians are all great skiers! But is was a pretty dangerous place if you didn't know what you were doing- alot of cliffs...


On another note

I have a NEPHEW!!! YAY!!! he is absolutely gorgeous and I wish I could be there to kiss him and hold him, but I will just have to wait...


Tonight we are going to an opera!! I am so excited!!

I have to go get ready now!!

A Domani

1 comment:

  1. I lived in Vail, Colorado one winter after college and was amazed to learn that people can actually die skiing. I had no idea - and its amazing how many people don't believe me when I tell them. But if you think about it, you are going really fast and if you run into a tree or another person or go off a cliff...

    Sorry your friend broke her leg. :( I think she should stay and recoup in sunny Italia!!!

    I'm loving your blog! I spent 4 months in Italy as a teenager and have traveled back several times - magical place.

    ReplyDelete