Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gesu all around :)

Today we went into Florence for church. It was in Italian and English. The church was in chapel that belonged to a family and it was beautiful!! The congregation was about thirty strong. It was quite an experience. We sang beautiful italian hymns..I love this language. :) After church we all ate Italian pot luck, and I must say it was much better than good ole madison pot luck. After this only a few of us stayed in Florence. Kelsey and I went with about five boys and went to the piggy market. We got our first postcards and Scarves!! I got mine for 4.50 euro :) it is gorgeous. We went to the Piazza della signoria with statues of Perseus (spelling?) holding Medusa's head, the rape of the Sabine women, Hercules and the Centaur, Menaleus holding Perculas dead body...they all took my breath away. We had to leave early to make it to the villa for our devo. We are about to start it so I gotta go..

1 comment:

  1. The Palazzo Vecchio is my favorite building in Florence (aside from the Duomo of course!) there on Piazza della Signoria :]

    ReplyDelete